Sunday, June 2, 2013

Only God Forgives premieres in Cannes





Nicolas Winding Refn and members of the cast of Only God Forgives were in Cannes for the premiere. 

"Only God Forgives, which reunites Winding Refn with Drive star Ryan Gosling, is the first great schismatic movie at Cannes, with critics either panning its violence or dazzled by its stylised brilliance – or else wildly vacillating between the two positions."

Nicolas defended the violence:
"I don't consider myself a very violent man … but I have surely a fetish for violent emotions and images and I just can't explain where it comes from. But I do believe it's a way to exorcise various things. Let's not forget that humans were created very violent: our body parts are created for violence, it is our instinctual need to survive. But over the years we no longer need violence but we still have an urge from when we are born – which itself can be an act of violence."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment